What are "Anointed Pearls?"

"Anointed Pearl" is the meaning of my name. Pearls help others feel calm and beautiful and lift their spirits. By sharing testimonies of ongoing transformation in my life (much like the process of becoming a pearl) My goal is to bring hope and peace to others and encourage women to become unique beautiful pearls. After all no two pearls are the same!

The best part?! "The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it." Each of us are of incredible worth and value to "the One" who loves us...a beauty to behold!!!

Save


Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Monthly Monster and other monster tales...

Word for the day: "You have armed me with strength for the battle; you have subdued my enemies under my feet." Psalms Eighteen thirty-nine.

Yes, the 40 day challenge is being challenged by what I like to call the "monthly monster". Okay ladies, I know you all know what I am talking about and it always lurks around at the MOST inconvenient times!!! I always do pretty good on new fitness programs for the first 1-3 weeks until this greedy grumpy monster gets in and steals all the fun! For years I have told myself (and defended myself ferociously) that I can't control this crazy pin-ball machine of bouncing hormones every month. But this time, I will not be defeated! It's time to STOP this giant of a monster!!!

I've been talking to my kids about putting a shield over their hearts and minds so that the little "green monster" doesn't get in. This monster is a little different than the "monthly monster" but can do just as much damage!!! Quick side-note: Averi started blaming the "green monster" when she was around 2 for all her wrong doings. So we responded, "Well let's smack it out of you then!!!" She would proceed to open her mouth as we patted her bottom. She would watch it fly out in her marvelous imagination. Ever since we have embraced this analogy. We explain to our children that we have to discipline them to get it out or the monster will take root in their hearts and grow and grow and grow until it takes over! Eli always reminds us to get it out...even hours later if we are out in public and forget...Amazing!!! What other child do you know that actually asks for a spanking? He believes it is for His ultimate good and that he really needs our help to get it out so he can be a good boy!

Recently, I was telling Eli the story of Cain and Abel to illustrate the consequences of letting the monster in. Cain was told "if you refused to do what is right then watch out!!! Sin is crouching at the door eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be it's master."

I realized that my motherly advise to Eli was just as important for me to listen to as it was for him. We have to WATCH OUT for these little sinful monsters trying to jump into our hearts and minds to steal away our joy! I will not listen to those lies any more! I am in control of that "monthly monster" even if it seems uncontrollable. If The Creator of the Universe is for me this little but seemingly huge monster cannot be against me!! STAND BACK! I am grabbing some stones from the stream and launching them toward this Giant monster's forehead!!! IT'S TIME TO BE A WARRIOR and subdue this little creature once and for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment