What are "Anointed Pearls?"

"Anointed Pearl" is the meaning of my name. Pearls help others feel calm and beautiful and lift their spirits. By sharing testimonies of ongoing transformation in my life (much like the process of becoming a pearl) My goal is to bring hope and peace to others and encourage women to become unique beautiful pearls. After all no two pearls are the same!

The best part?! "The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it." Each of us are of incredible worth and value to "the One" who loves us...a beauty to behold!!!

Save


Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kindle Corner

I recommend that EVERYONE gets a KINDLE!!! Especially those who live overseas or move a lot! Books are heavy...the kindle IS NOT!!!

But Why talk about the Kindle on a blog about transformation?

This may sound crazy but I can't even describe to you how this amazing thin, lightweight, pearly white, piece of wonder has been used to transform my life!! You may think I am exaggerating...maybe a little...but this thing is off the charts! I live in middle of nowhere land Mongolia where we pay $70 for shipping a small box of Amazon books and wait 1-2 months for them to arrive. Now I can order a book and ship it to my computer with a click of a button and download it onto my kindle in less than a minute! AMAZING!

My life is forever changed. Seriously. I never again have to decide which book to put in my bag. Ask anyone. I am known for carrying seriously heavy bags around and ruining my spine by the amount of books I carry. You just never know what kind of mood you will be in...so I bring at least 3 of the 10 books that I am reading at any given time. I am a person who likes variety. Granted, most of the books I like to read are about the word, prayer, spiritual encouragement, and amazing testimonies of the things happening here on earth as a result of His Glory being revealed!! I also have the One Year Reading Plan, the Message and devotionals on my easy to carry Kindle! Without corporate worship, sermons, and lack of fellowship in my own language these stories of encouragement really make my Spirit soar! I am so excited :)


I am a new woman...with a much healthier back I might add!!! I must also add that my very handsome generous husband surprised me with this gift 2 months before my birthday! Wow! What a man!

Also, because of so much generosity after the robbery our i-Pod was restored to us which helps us engage in worship throughout the day!!! We are so thankful for everyone's generosity! The i-Pod and Kindle are great tools to help keep us in line with the Spirit and shine His light brightly wherever we go!!!

Speaking of...Support and encouragement are my #1 needs while living so far away from my friends and loved ones!!! Of course, I love cards, comments, short messages, skype calls, and emails. Care packages help a great deal...and now an even easier and possibly cheaper way to bless us is sending i-tunes/amazon cards or gift certificates online!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Krista! So you have your own personal blog now? Cool! I'm delighted you have a Kindle. It's not my way of "curling up" to a good book, but if I were out in your boondocks, I'd be wanting one too! Thank you, Lord, for the many, many techie aides that bless our missionary friends! :-)

    ReplyDelete