What are "Anointed Pearls?"

"Anointed Pearl" is the meaning of my name. Pearls help others feel calm and beautiful and lift their spirits. By sharing testimonies of ongoing transformation in my life (much like the process of becoming a pearl) My goal is to bring hope and peace to others and encourage women to become unique beautiful pearls. After all no two pearls are the same!

The best part?! "The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it." Each of us are of incredible worth and value to "the One" who loves us...a beauty to behold!!!

Save


Tuesday, January 19, 2010

40 Day Challenge

On January 4th, I committed myself to exercising and eating right until the end of February when we go to Thailand and then America. (Started out as 55 days...I have 40 days left!!!)
In two weeks I have lost almost 4 pounds! (Since the day after Christmas when I stopped eating treats and sweets...I've lost 6 pounds!) I am feeling better than ever! I am terrible at losing weight and sticking to programs...so how on earth?

I am still in a bit of shock myself...Most of all, I am covered by grace and overflowing with Favor from the One who loves me just the way I am, but loves me too much to leave me that way! Here are the "blue prints" of our building plan to build a beautiful "temple" like the one made of jewels described in Isaiah fifty four:

NUTRITION: We are doing the Zone Diet...which is basically eating 5 meals a day (3 med. and 2 snacks). Each meal includes 40% Carbs 30% Protein and 30% Fat. Since the meals are so well balanced I almost never feel hungry! Also, the Zone promotes lots of veggies and beans for carbs instead of bread, rice, pasta, etc. Bread, rice, and pasta are condiments...not a main part of the meal. It is the only diet that has ever worked for me...and I am not starving! It is definitely something that will become a lifestyle not just a diet!

WORKOUTS: CROSSFIT ROCKS! I absolutely love the crazy intensity 5 x's a week. It reminds me of Varsity soccer workouts in highschool when everyone collapsed afterward. Same feeling...same results...collapsing happens regularly! The best part: the workouts only last 10-25 minutes on average. You work at your highest intensity for 15 minutes and then you are done! Great for busy lifestyles! AND there is so much VARIETY! The workout is different everyday...posted online. The workouts include pushups, pullups, squats, runs, burpies, muscle-ups, Olympic lifting, lunges, and so much more! If you choose to do CrossFit you will become a strong warrior!! (All the guys on the movie 300 did a CrossFit type workout to get in shape for the movie) We also throw some P90X cardio workouts into the mix a few times a week.

I don't know about you but I want to be a WARRIOR PRINCESS! ANYONE WANT TO JOIN ME??? SET SOME FITNESS AND NUTRITION GOALS AND STICK TO IT FOR THE NEXT 40 DAYS!!! Time to BRING IT! (Post a comment if you are interested in the 40 day challenge!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi again! OK, my new way of taking care of my body isn't quite as radical as yours (!), but I think you'd be proud of me, Krista, as I'm doing about 4 dance workouts a week to a series of playlists we put on our ipod. A couple of them are "worship" workouts: body, soul and spirit -- whoo hoo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see you! We have so much to talk about! I loved this and your email! We are both going to be in such great shape/ripped when you are here...total warriors!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete